Monday, May 08, 2006

Ghosts, Demons, Lost Souls, Vampires, Spirits

Here is the first story I promised. This is my personal experience.

The Sinking Grave Stone
It was a Friday, the day we had to hand up our photography assignment. My friend, Josie, had not done hers, making our teacher very unhappy, but he still granted her the weekend to complete her assignment anyway. Josie was in a tight spot, she had to work on the weekends to pay for her photography lessons, and today was the only day available to her. But, the day was already nearing dusk.

Right after our Friday lesson, I suggested to Josie we shot some grave stones at a nearby cemetery. She was apprehensive at first but relented after a little persuasion, and provided - I accompanied her.

We reached the cemetery just nearing sunset. With the sky darkening every minute, we had to hurry. Josie picked the very first subject she saw, a well weathered stone sculpture of Mary, and began fixing her camera up on the tripod.

While she was busy, I scrutinised the workmanship on Mary. Such dedication, such beauty, yet the artist is virtually unknown, I thought. I felt a little depressed and lonely thinking about his life.

Suddenly, I thought I saw the sculpture move - it tipped a little to the left! I felt a sudden chill ran up my spine, giving me goose pimples. Fearing freaking out, I denied what I saw; I didn't even tell Josie, fearing she freak out herself.

When Josie finished photographing Mary, we walked around a little more, given there was still daylight, and Josie shot more grave stones.

After spending about 45 minutes at the cemetery, I realised enough was enough. Even though I tried not to think about Mary's tilting figurine, I still sweat about it. I suggested that we got out of there before it got totally dark.

Packing up, Josie realised that she was missing an equipment - a 50mm lens. We backtracked until we reached a spot where we found the lens. Sighing with relieve, Josie bent down and picked it up. Looking around, we realised had come back to the very spot Josie had shot Mary's figurine earlier.

But there was no Mary!

We were puzzled. We knew for certain Josie had not used the lens for the other shoots, so the lens could only have been left behind near Mary's figurine. We searched frantically for 'Mary' but didn't find her. Rather, in place of her, was a dark patch on the ground. I walked toward it--it was a hole!

Had Mary sunk? I thought.

Then, we heard rusting noise coming from the hole. I leaped back in a start, causing Josie to shriek. The sound turned into a low rumbling voice. It said something, but we didn't make out what it was because Josie had grabbed me by the arm as soon as she heard the voice and pulled me away. We bolted out of there as fast as we could, droping Josie's water bottle in the process.

We were so fear stricken that we didn't dare talk about it.

Oh yes, about the film--All other gravestones were exposed well except Mary! I'm puzzled to this day how, in place of Mary, were totally black frames.

I went back to the cemetery on Monday with some classmates(without Josie), Mary was still standing at her spot with Josie's water bottle at her feet! I swear, I felt chills all over. With the help of my friends, I felt brave enough to try to move Mary, but her base was firmly set in the ground -- she didn't budge.

I don't know what to make of this phenomenon, do you?
___________________________________________
Visit www.eerietales.com if you can't wait for weekly posts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure can't say what happend to you & Josie that day other than if it were me I'd have freaked too. I've had enough strange experiences of my own to know this one surely could have happened as you said it did. I'd give anything to know what was being said from the hole.

Thanks for sharing
Mary

7:43 AM  
Blogger Shan said...

Thanks for commenting Mary. Unfortunately, we were too fear stricken to stick around to find out what was said from the hole. What are your strange experiences? Would love to hear them. Do tell.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home