Thursday, May 11, 2006

Paranormal - The Campus Imp - by Mario.

I was teacher once at Central Philippines University.

One night, reluctantly, I stayed behind after school hours to prepare the next day's test paper. I said "reluctantly" becuase it was a well known myth that the campus was haunted. Here is the account of what happened.

There I was, in my class, minding my work when I heard a “thud” sound coming from upstairs. Instead of jumping to obvious mythical conclusions, I discounted the thud as being caused by some unlucky colleague who was working late as well. Knowing I wasn’t the only one working, comforted me. I went on with my work.

Minutes of serenity passed. Then, I heard running steps coming from above. I was more curious than scared. I wanted to know why this person was running, so I got out of my class and made my way upstairs.

Upstairs, in one of the classrooms, the lights were turned on so I walked toward it. I peeped through the window but saw no one. I called, “hello, hello, anyone there?” There was no reply. I tried to open the doors but they were locked. I looked a bit more, then gave up, thinking whoever it was may have rushed to the toilet or the snack vending machine. It was too much trouble, so I returned to my class.

About half an hour or so later, I heard a laughter. It was a child like, high pitched, laughter coming from above! Right then, I was spooked. My imagination started to run wild. But I wasn't going to conclude anything until I saw with my own eyes what it was, so I dumped all my things in my bag, carried it with me and went upstairs again.

Peeping stealthily through the lovered windows, I scanned the room. Suddenly, something dashed accross the room, from left to right. It was a little hairy creature! Seeing the strange creature didn't scare me more than a start, but what happened next, did.

The creature ran from the left side of the room to the center, and Whoosh! It disappeared! In thin air, it disappeared!

Scared, I ran off without even looking back. My heart was pumping like it was going to burst out of my chest, I remember.

I swear, this is not my imagination! It was real!

I only saw it’s hairy back. It was around 3 to 4 ft in height. At first, I thought it was a chimpanzee. But upon further inquisition, I realised it was a popular mythical IMP, not a CHIMP. It was upright, ran on two legs like a little child and it didn’t have long “chimp” arms.

I was immidiately convinced the myth is not a myth, it's real. I saw it with my own eyes.

--Read more Asian Ghosts Stories at www.eerietales.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I liked the story.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home